News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Monday, May 11, 2009

A house fire call.

Okay so a call of a house fire comes in. You can bet that Mayor Don Ness or a city council candidate will not be there to help put it out. You can also bet that a member or the media would not be there to help put it out. Yet this weekend there was an event held for them to learn these types of things.

Some believe that this fire ops 101 course is just a part of the political game and helps with getting the fire unions endorsement. I will say I am not in that camp yet but close.

The fire department does this they say to dispose of mis -information that is around the city. Then this event should be open to the general public as well. They are the ones that have most of the mis- information. I agree that there is a ton of it. Any one who knows me knows how I feel about public safety. That includes the fire department. I do not stand like many other republicans do on this issue.

There is no way Duluth could have a volunteer fire department. There is no reason to even discuss that. I also agree with them on a number of other issues. I find my self not agreeing with councilor Stauber many times when he talks about the fire department. He is plan wrong.

The other think I did find interesting about this article is that the department said every council candidate is invited to the event. Fact is that is not true as I was not asked to attend when I ran.

I have not yet read the whole article as of yet. I will have more later when I finish reading it.

No comments: