News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Friday, April 01, 2011

Voter I.D.

Is voter i.d. nedded in the Minnesota election process. Easy and quick answer is YES. You dont have to go back far for reasons why. Look at the last governors race and the Coleman Fraken races. Thousands of votes where despeted. Thousands where lodt and found.

Let me gice you a personal story he as well. My gtandpa died a while yet his name remained in voter registration for two elections after he passed away. I or anyone for that matter could have voted under his name as we dont cuurrently have to proof who we are. Not only that but currently for people to vote all you have to do is bring sone one to the poll with you and say they just moved in to the area a few months ago and i know them and where they live. They can now vote, how is that not flawed?

Voter id just checks to makw sure you are who you say you. It is simple show a legal id. It will not slow down the process.

4 comments:

scottyeazle said...

I disagree and I think that we have a fair system now. We dont need to spend more money to add a step to the voting process. some people dont care already and they are trying to make it harder.

nk10474 said...

I hope we get voter ID here in Duluth. It is a welcome step to make sure voters are legit. I know that one of our Commissioners, Chris Dahlberg had some good comments in favor of this issue. You can find them on his website at www.dahlbergnow.com. It is a four part video. Slow upload but good watch. What do you all think?

Unknown said...

nk- where is it on his site? I am not sure why he would post that on his law page.

Unknown said...

Nk- I found it and I agree with Dahlberg all the way.