News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Thursday, June 16, 2011

City Council Elections 2011

Well it has been a while since I posted on this blog and I am planning on posting a lot more. Posts will be coming more since the City Council races are coming up. I need to give kudos to the 1st District City Council candidate Jennifer Julsrud and her Campaign team for bringing in the big gun for their fundraiser. On July 7th from 5 pm to 7 pm at the Zeitgeist Arts Cafe, There will be a candidate meet and greet with Jennifer Julsrud hosted by Lt. Governor Yvonne Prettner-Solon. Now that is a way to kick things off. Jennifer will be running against current 1st District City Councilor Todd Fedora in November.

In 4th District news - Jackie Halberg is human and I for one am ashamed of the Duluth News Tribune for writing a attack piece on the current 4th District Councilor. Councilor Halberg is one of hardest working city councilors out there and I think she deserves a little more respect then that.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Scott for some reason Danny's reply did not post. He asked how it was a hit post or something to that effect. Answer if you wish too.

Danny if I mis-represented your question let me know thanks.

Unknown said...

Scott I missed the paper piece what was it about?

scottyeazle said...

It was in yesterdays paper where they talked about Jackie and a small court matter

Unknown said...

I agree this is not much of a story. I do wonder however what people would say if this was about Jim Stauber?

Danny said...

I would say the exact same thing. How exactly was this a hit piece. Sounds to me like they were just reporting the news. It would help if you showed actually quotes from the article to show how it was a smear job.

Unknown said...

Danny,

I agree I don't think it was done at all as an attack. If the paper wanted to do something like that they would have done what they did to a former county board member.