News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Friday, November 25, 2005

Lew Latto

As I listened to Lew Latto the other day, he and other callers kept bringing up a point that I have known for some time. That is for most candidates that run for Duluth City Councilor, who are not far left, do not have the same amount of helpers to their campaign. Lew also said that people need to be involved all year long, like the unions are.

I know most of the support for the left council members are from the unions, they are not your average Joe or Jane off the street.H ere are my questions maybe some one can help.

How does a person get more help for the campaign?

How does a person that wants to get involved all year do that?


I know a lot of people that want to be involved and they don't know were to turn to.

1 comment:

A guy from West Duluth said...

I'll do my best to answer your questions. Anyone wanting to get involved in helping candidates or campaigns of non-left wing candidates should contact the campaigns directly once they are formed. If they want to do something now they should join the mailing list at Connect Duluth (www.connectduluth.com), and send an email to Connect Duluth with their contact details and what they would like to do. Beyond that I'd post your offer at www.duluthcitizensblog.com and contact Tim Little, a great city councilor up for re-election in 2007. Also they could visit www.mngop.com and contact their local Republican Party representatives and offer to help.

What can you do to help?

Make a list of those neighbors, friends, and associates about whom you know their political views. Every candidate will be able to use this list at election time for many different activities. I'll make sure your info gets put into a central database if you send it to me at erikandrebecca@hotmail.com