News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

New KB's Coner!!!

In light of all of the hubbub over a home loan for the Croud family, I've been thinking about kids. And how kids get caught up in the messes their parents might've created. I'm not going to talk specifically about the Crouds here.

Last week I spent a few moments in a courthouse giving the evil eye to a man who raped a child several times. This child thought this man was her step-daddy and she was a bit over a year old when he came into her life. When he stepped in to that courtroom with a swagger and a smirk, I was sickened. This child is not a relative of mine, and I've never met her. She's related to a friend of mine and I'm pulled into it for moral support, but believe me, having a 6 year old daughter, my reaction to his attitude was pretty powerful. I had a sick feeling in my stomach, sitting there and knowing that the 11 year old girl now has the word rapein her vocabulary, and she uses it when referring to whather so called dad did to her.

Why-o-why must she pay for her mother's poor judgement in companions. And why does this mother still live with this pig? Luckily my friend fought hard to have the children removed from the mother's home, not without a lot of struggle and fighting with social workers. In fact she had to threaten calling the attorney general before they really took her serious and investigated the deplorable life this mother was providing for her kids.

Now to find out that this monster violated this child while she was fighting to get those kids out of that house is really hard on my friend. That's why I wonder about people who say nasty things about the Croud family, lumping them all into what their Dad might have done. I just can'tt olerate it. Children are innocent and shouldn't have to live like this.

Sorry for the bummer posting but that's whatI'm dealing with right now.

No comments: