News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Iraq resolutions passes.

Last night the council passed councilors Stewarts resolution 6-1 with one abstaining. The Iraq resolution took up about 75 minutes or so of the council time.

There were a number of speakers, some for and some against the resolution. There was not as many speaksers as I thought there would be.

The vote did not surprise me, one councilors vote that did surprise me a bit was council Stauber for the resolution. I do however understand his, I don't agree with it but understand his thinking.

There were parts of the resolution that I did agree and parts that I could not agree with. Which is why I asked the council to either withdraw the resolution. That would have had to have been done by councilors Stewart and Johnson, or to vote the resolution down.

The point I was making is that the council on a highly diviaded issue natinaly should not speak for 85 thousand plus people. We all can call congressmen and senators to voice our thoughts.

I also stated that with this issue there is any number of groups, and or websites that will help you voice your thoguths either way. I just did not feel it right this time for the council to represent 85 thousand plus on this issue.

I also will not support and like resolutions ever. Natinal issues are to be dealt with by our elected officals on that level. State the same and city the same as well.

This was really a hard one for me take a position on, but I had to take the one I did for even more reason then this post say's. I will will have more on that later.

No comments: