News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

State smoking ban.

I am against smoking bans. I feel that business should have say if they want to allow smoking or not. After all business will do what it's customers want, if they feel it is best because that is what the public wants then good for that business. I don't believe goverment should play any roll in this issue.


Duluth, Minnesta City Council passed an ordinance to limit were you could smoke much like the one the state in talking about now. The smoking ban in Duluth was lightened a bit because of presure from business and people that went to these businesses.

The ban the State is talking about would not allow you to smoke at almost any public place. The ban would ban smoking in the following, Restrants, Bars, bowling Alleys, public and private clubs, VFW's and more.

If the State lost one business to a smoking ban it would be to many.


Cross posted on MN Politics, http://mnpolitics.tripod.com/blog/.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"I am against smoking bans."

I am FOR the Freedom to Breathe Act of 2007. So are most other Minnesotans.

Unknown said...

Please note I am having trouble locking into blogger for some reason.

I will try to be up and running asap.

Dulusion said...

I am for the smoking ban, if the state can save one life...it is worth it. It's time for smokers to realize that they are the minority and the majority of non smokers are just plain tired of putting up with their stinking foul air. I'm beginning to think that if business owners were to really fight this and that if it did not go through, people would boycott businesses...and then businesses would close. I know that I have not spent one dime in a Grandma's establishment because of their whining and carping over the smoking ban and the minimum wage raises for their waitstaff. Get over it..the time is now to smoke in your own private space. I've been fighting this battle on a one on one basis since I was a kid, about 40 years of fighting. It's time.