News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Does it seem weird to anyone else?

One week after the primaries the city and AFSCME reach an agreement. It is a tentative agreement at that.

I find it hard to see this as a good thing for the city of Duluth. As many know Mayor Bergson was using this as his main campaign issue. Sense he did not make it has nothing to care about. I also have first hand knowledge of some details. I heard this well some one was on the phone. This some one is a high profile person for either the city or union. Yes I am being vague on per purse.

Any thoughts by anyone? I just have a tough problem believing this could be good for the citizens of Duluth.

1 comment:

DManA said...

Bergson was on Lew Latto's show this morning. A caller who identified himself as an AFSME negotiater claimed the reason there's been no vote is because the contract language hasn't been finalized. The mayor did not contradict him. He said something about typos needing to be corrected.

Well Herb, there's no contract until every T is crossed and every i is dotted. Sound very much to me like there is not contract TO vote on yet.