News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Monday, December 01, 2008

At 3pm we sit at 25.

With an hour and half to go to the closing of filing for the city council seat we sit at 25 people wanting it. Many thought there would be 50 to 60 people that would have filed for the seat.

The way it is set up now is they will interview everyone once. Then they will have to eliminate the list down to 12 and then they would interview again.

Here is who I think the top 12 could be keep in mind that this is before the first interviews however. In no particular order.

Mike Akervik

Jack Arnold

Ronald D. DeGrio

Gary E. Eckenberg

Becky Hall

Daniel Hartman

Scott Keenan

Russell Stover

John Rathe

Jon L. Donahue

Maureen Booth

Jay Cole

This is just a quick look over the names check back later for more.

******UPDATE****** 4:15pm

The list now at 31 and I think it will be hard to pick a top 12 there for I will most likely not have finale top 12 list till after he first interviews and I hear what everyone says. Do I think I could be in the top 12? Yes I do.

4:45pm filing is closed and the number is at 35 more later.

2 comments:

peter macinnes said...

don't you love how the list is made up of people voted out of office. Got to love local politics. feel free to check out my blog, I am trying to get as many conservatives, linked together as possible
conservativeduluth.blogtownhall.com

Unknown said...

Hi Peter,

Thanks for stopping in to the blog. Please do again and leave a comment when you want to. I don't get a lot of comments but I have a good number of readers.

Yes the list is made up of people that have served before. There is at least 5 former councilors some of which lost and others just did not run when there term came up. It seems to be the natuure of the beast.