News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I don't believe it.

Some councilors say that losing the Bayfront Blues Fest is completly the Mayors fault. I don't believe it.

I do believe for the most part that this was the mayor's doing. The mayor wanted to get more money for the city because he believes the festivail was becoming to big so he wanted more money. I am not against this, however I am against the way he and the adminstrain went about it.

Here is the %'s that I believe is to belame at, Mayor 95% and the council 5%. Why, I don't beleive that the council could just sit by and watch like they did. They choose to do nothing. IF you remember a week maybe two weeks ago in the paper the council eurged the mayor and bayfront blue fest to work out the issue's.

I don't know how many meeting I have gone to were the councilors feel they need to be part of the process, why this is diffrent I don't know. They should have took time to get involved. They did not, and at this point it does not look like they will. The council should have and still can look at doing something but it is crunch time.

No comments: