News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Monday, October 05, 2009

Becky Hall is advertising on Stahl's blog.

One of four Duluth City Council candidates has chose to advertise on a local blog. The blog happens to belong to Duluth News Tribune reporter Brandon Stahl. You can get to the blog by clicking this link if you wish, http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/pages/buzz.

My question is this some have said that advertisers lead to the way a reporter or blogger writes. Do you believe that? I know Brandon and he is a great writer and person. I don't think he has a bias in writing one way or the other. I do personally believe he is a democrat( I could be wrong in this guess.) but that is fine. His writ tings never show a bias one way or the other. That is the way it should be when you write for a paper.

Stahl now has two right leaning advertisers. NLA and Becky Hall who is the candidate advertising on Stahl's blog. Well the NLA is not a PAC they are a group of citizens concerned with the way government is going. The group also has a number of people involved in it that are democrats but lets be fair and say that most are Republicans.

I have not seen any differences in Stahl's writing nor do I expect to. I think people like to pick fights some times. Advertising does not nor should it have a role in how a person writes. If it does then you are not getting a true and fair story.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

John:

I don't see Stahl reporting any different. He is a man that wants to protect him self and the paper. In no way would he show any show any kind-ness or anything just because the person chose to advertise with the blog.

The think I wonder is would any one blink an eye if it was Hartman or Olson that chose to do this. Get his blog out for more of his thoughts. I thought Brandon did a nice job of commenting on the issue.

Tony Ramone said...

John, I agree with you about Stahl, but I don't like seeing political advertising on his blog.

John, you seem to know a little about the NLA--you should do a post on them. They are not a PAC? What are they then?

By the way, are you watching the Vikings tonight?

Unknown said...

Tony,

Why don't you like to see politcal ads on the site? It is no different then in the paper or radio, or any were else is it?

Thanks for the post suggestion I may do one. I don't know a lot about them but I do know some and may do some more research and do a post. People are always welcome to give suggestions on what they would like to read about.

I might have to breat down and watch the vikes tonight just because it is the packers game. I have not watched them at all yet this year because of Favre. We will see. Monday night Raw is on tonight too. I am a huge wrestling fan have been for a long time.