News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Thursday, October 08, 2009

DNT forum winners.

There where two people that I thought did well in the DNT forum yesterday. These two did a good job of answering the questions.

The first person who I thought did well was Jim Stauber. Stauber is the only incumbent running in this race. He has served 8 years and is looking to win a third term.

Stauber did a good job of outlining what he has and can still do on the council. When asked question he could also reference things he has done. He also could spread light on issues from an "insiders" point of view. That is something the other three candidates could not do.

Stauber is the consumed pro and professional. He showed respect to others and expects the same. One of the biggest assets Stuaber offers the council if re-elected is his experience. Remember if he does not get a seat on the council there will be no one with more the four years of experience.

I ask that people consider voting for Jim.

The other person who has impressed all a long is Dan Hartman. Hartman has been out in the public more then anyone has this campaign season. Well I did not agree with all of his statements yesterday I found him to be very knowledge able about the issues. Let me point out here before people jump on me. There where a number of things I did like that Hartman said.

Hartman was going to run for the 3rd district council seat four years ago but dropped out after he did not receive the DFL endorsement. That went to current councilor Sharla Gardner. Hartman also is the program director of the Veterans' Memorial Hall at the Depot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about Beth Olson and Becky Hall? How do you think they did?

I am guessing you would consinder them the losers? If you have Hartman and Stauber winning.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the question. I thought the two women involved in the debate were weaker then Hartman and Stauber.

I thought that Olson was hiding her views. She focused on the core issues well it is not what she believes. She believes in social issues first then core issues second. I think we need to put councilor in office that care about the core issues first.

Hall I thought did okay with her delievery however I am not sure she gave the best answears she could have. She spoke of the issues in genral and never got in to what she would do. She keept saying she was running out of time.