News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Voting

Voting is like breakfast. it is a wonderful beginning to your day on election day as it was mine this past year. I was there at 7:06 am and I was the 7th voter in my precinct. But what happens after the election is what is happening now. We have new elected officials and if you want something done, we need to talk to them. That is the lunch portion of this story because We all know that a conversation is always better with food or drink. You have to do the first two if you wanna have anything on your dinner plate.

I am looking ahead to the 2011 and 2012 Elections. Here in Duluth, We will elect six city councilors and three school board members as well as a mayor. The 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th Districts and two at-large seats for the Council and the 2nd and 3rd Districts along with one at-large seat for the School District. in 2012, it will be a battle and the lines havent been drawn. Redistricting will change a lot all over so be ready.

I am Scott Yeazle and I thank John for this chance and I will be writing more. If you wanna know about me, I will put it in the next blog.

3 comments:

A guy from West Duluth said...

Scott, hopefully the people of Duluth will replace the 3rd district councilor. She could use a new job where her decisions won't harm the people of Duluth.

scottyeazle said...

The people will have that say. I don't know anyone running for that seat yet.

Unknown said...

We now know of one not running. I also have not heard of anyone yet.