News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Some councilors don't like the idea of voting on red plan resoultion.

I am as much against the red plan as any one is however I also don't like the idea of the council voting on this issue. I agree with Harry Welty most of the time of this issue however on this one we disagree. His view point on it can be found herehttp://lincolndemocrat.com/?p=1281.

Many people use the argument that the council has voted on many things in the past that do not apply to city business. I would agree with that, councils in the past have voted on issues such as being against the war, being against president Bush ect..... however I don't believe that means you need to this council in that spot.

In many cases lets be honest when one local government steps in on another local government it makes the one getting interfere it makes them mad. Why should they have to listen to anything the council does. I know you want government to work together however it just does not happen that way most of the time. They are there own government.

I don't believe the council should take action one way or the other on the red plan. I hope the red plan is stopped but I don't believe the city council is an avenue that should be used.

No comments: