News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Monday, August 11, 2008

Blues Fest

As I brought up in an earlier post could this next year be the beging of the end for the festival? Not having any in side information I think it could be. At very least in it could be the nearing the end to be held in Duluth.

It sure sounds like the changes being made are not positive for the festival also if you listened to the press conference or read the paper the tone there was not the best either. The lose of a day and a stage instead of an increase of five or ten dollars a ticket is alarming to me. I could deal with the lose of either a day or a stage but not both at the same time.

They also have said that attendance has been down to the festival in the past number of years. Well this is for one reason and mainly only one reason. I have had hundreds of people tell me this. Their has not been a major act to the festival for years (James Brown) was the last big one. How he is blues is beyond me but you know. Festival goers need more then a beautiful place to go and see good music. It is great that they bring in these acts from the cities but when you can go and see them any weekend you wish down there what is point of paying to see them up here. It is the major reason for a decline.

More to come =.

No comments: