News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Saturday, November 08, 2008

The debate on roads is now open.

This was interesting to me. The chamber things that the city should not be in the business of roads, http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/article/id/77839/.

Now I agree with part on both sides of this, however right now I have to say I disagree with the chamber. Providing good roads to me is one thing the city should do. Now we are failing miserably at it right now.

This will open the debate once again not only about roads but should the city provide and not provide. Here is in part why I am a bit weary to agree with the chamber if we get out of roads what will be asked to provide? My thought is if we get out of this then why should the city provide anything?

There are also a number of things we need to look into here. Are there any other cities doing this? How many and what is the cost saving? If the city gets out of roads what do they replace it with? There are also a number of others. I will be doing some research on this issue.

Right now I don't agree with the chamber.

No comments: