News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Duluth Mayor?

Well we just elected a new mayor. By the way I think he is doing a good job to this point. I believe he is doing what many mayors before him should have done. Now I don't agree with everything but you can't.

With that said I have already heard rumblings of people possible setting up to run against Mayor Don Ness in 2012. Now these are names I have heard many I don't think will run but have been brought up in conversations.

1. Council Jim Stauber Chane of running 5%

I don't think Mr. Stauber will run. I am not even sure he will run for re-election to the city council when his term comes to an end in 2010.

Stauber has got a lot of his "supporters" upset with many of his votes. I am not one that has been upset with him. Now again I don't always agree with how he votes but I respect his vote. It comes with a lot of fact checking.

2. Councilor Cuneo Chance of running 25%

Well I think Tony would and will run for Mayor some day I don't believe it will be in 2012. He will have just completed his first term on the council, I think he will be viewed as not having enough experience.

Lets be honest this is why the current Mayor did not run for Mayor the time before this. He did not want to have that as an argument against him.

I think councilor Cuneo would be an interesting candidate and one that I believe would work hard for Duluth. I just don't think that this time would be a good time for him to run.

3. Russ Stewart chance of running 3%

A former council of the 3rd district, he chose not to run this last election. Stewart would be the only one as of right that I would vote for other then the current mayor.

Stewart would be an great chose should he run. I however don't know if he would want to do so. If he did run he would be one that would gather support from all people regardless of party affiliations.

Stewart would stand up for the people of Duluth in the Mayor's office.

I have put what right now I believe these people may want to run next to there names. I will change these as I see to. I have heard of other names and will cover them later.

What have your heard and what is the chance of that person running?

No comments: