News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Election over.

I have to say I was very impressed with Obama's speech last night. Now is the time to work together and try to meant the fences.

Who ever was to win last night has a lot to deal with. The econimy is amoung the top issue. Also the war remains on people minds there is much more to deal with as well.

I hope that Obama does try to bring this country together and he will not bring it to the far left. I hate either ultra side of the party's. The far left and far right are both very scary to me.

The Democrats had a good night picking up a lot of house seat along with some senate seats however they did not reach there magic number of 60. They wanted to reach 60 so they could stop fillibusters.

The other thing that I hope president-elect Obama realizes is this he is the president of the U.S.A. not the world. I hope he does not try to be the police for the world. I hope he uses strong action when needed but does not over do it. This counts for military and other action.

Well I was hoping for a McCain win last night I am very hopeful this country can move in the right direction.

Local race went as I thought they would. The Dems retain all there State seats up here with ease. Peg Sweeny won her county board seat back again. I thought that race would have been closer then it was. I am not sure that Sam Haddad would have been any better then Sweeney. The things I learned about him during the election were that he would be about the same as Sweeney. Chris Dahlberg beat 32 year incumbent Bill Kron. Well it seemed that would be the case from almost the beginning. With Dahlberg's strong support in the primary.

No comments: