News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Thursday, August 06, 2009

Firefighters and MDA part 2.

More on the fire fighters and the MDA. I emailed Mayor Ness this morning and he said that he supports the firefighters and the MDA drive as long as it is volunteer off duty. He supports the MDA it’s a great cause he said. He said he wanted it off duty because of legal and liability issues.

Danny at www.dannydoesduluth.com brought up some great points as well to why it should be off duty. Is it volunteer when you are on the clock was one.

Like I said before I see both sides of the issue but I don’t see the harm in them doing it well on duty. Also I have asked the Mayor what the legal and liability issues are. I think I know what they are but lets see when I get a reply.

*****UPDATE*****

Got an email from the Mayor. Much like I thought the concern is traffic. There is liability and legal issues should some one get hit.

No comments: