News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

What happened to Brad?

Well I have not listened to talk radio for some time. I did not realize that Brad has not been on the air. That is till Danny asked me about. I thought I would do a bit of checking around. It did not take me long to find out what the issue is.

I talked with a Mid-West employee tonight and asked if the show was still around. The person said it will be back. Brad is on his annual Marie retreat. Well I did not ask how long he will be gone for, if I remember off the top of my head it is a month.

The show will return with Brad as the host after the trip is over. Well the employee told me it was Brad that said he did not want a fill-in host. I am not sure that I buy that. MWC has had serious money issues and I am sure the company decided to put on a syndicated program instead of having a fill in host. They company has released talk show host because of money issues. They have also down sized many other departments in the company.

Running a syndicated show will save then a ton of money well Brad is out on his trip. I don’t know what they are running in his place. I did not ask and as I said before I have not listened for some time.

11 comments:

Danny said...

I'm thinking something else is going on. The show out of Green Bay is what they ran last week, but yesterday at least they still did a local show with a fill-in host. Plus, last week they were saying that Brad would be back Monday (yesterday).

Danny said...

Just tuned in. It's a fill-in host again today. Not the show out of Green Bay. Also, I'm noticing that the producer (Matt/Shaggy) is not there either.

Unknown said...

Are you sure Matt is not there. I tuned in for a second and also noticed it was a fill in. I thought the guy that chimmed in however still sounded like Matt.

Like I said I think Brad is out longer then they are telling people. I know Brad normally does this millitarty retreat for at least two weeks and I know some times longer then then that. A couple of years ago I know for a fact he was gone for a month.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danny said...

The guy chiming in is not Matt. I'm about 95% sure.

Danny said...

It's Steve Townsend guest hosting. He just announced that Brad will be back tomorrow.

Unknown said...

Yes Steve is hosting the show today.

Unknown said...

Danny Brad is back. The info I recieved was correct. He was out on his millitary retreat.

Danny said...

My problem with the whole deal was the lack of information as to when he would be back and the inconsistansy in what they were running while he was gone.

Also...any news on why The Patriot is now just running the news bumpers from 610 instead of their own 710 local news bumpers?

Unknown said...

Danny I agree with you 100% on that. What can I tell you it is MWC station.

I will look in to it but I am guessing they are just streaming the KDAL news right on to WDSM saves money.

Unknown said...

And or time.