News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Thursday, May 06, 2010

More on Obey retiring.

Dave Obey held a press conference yesterday and gave no real reason for his retirement at least in the news bits I heard. He said he was tired and the district is ready for a change. "There is a time to stay and a time to go" Obey told reporters "And it is my time to go."

The seat is now wide open, many people think it now gives Republican candidate Sean Duffy the edge. The Democrats are expected to announce one or more candidates in the with in the next couple of weeks.

I think at this point Duffy would have an edge but I am sure the Democrats will work to find a good candidate that can raise money. That said remember what happened when U.S. Senator Paul Wellstone died. The Democrats went and good a big name but still lost the seat.

I also wonder if the health care bill played a part. Did the tea party movement do anything to effect Obey?

No comments: