News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Remembering Paul Antonich.

10 years ago tomorrow Paul was kidnapped and then brutally beat to death after a very small fender bender on 6th Ave and 9th street.


Paul Antonich a classmate and fried of mine. I miss Paul with all my hart. No one knows what many of close to Paul felt the day after his senseless death.


Paul was a great kid, he did not care if you were popular or not, he did not care if you were a"punk" or and "normal" person. He took the time to make an effort to talk to you and become your friend. I can remember when I first meet Paul.

It was the first week of being a Duluth Central. I was standing at the top in the hall waiting for some friends of mine. He came up to me and introduced him self, and we talked about a number of things and from that day on we were friends.

Paul did this many people, some loved it others just were not the type to talk with people they did not know.

Paul always took the time to try to understand everyone. It was a great asset of his.

I can remember many times that Paul was talking to friends of his that were the (popular) kids and I would walk by and he would always make the effort to say hi to me. Many of the popular kids would wonder why he would talk to me. Paul would always reply everyone is important. No one should be left out. Paul was a very popular kid, yet you did not have to or want to be popular to be a friend of his.

Paul went the extra mile.

Paul there are many many people that miss you and love you to this day. We will never forget what happened.

Your spirit and hart will live on.

1 comment:

Chris Correia said...

Thanks for the tribute to Paul. I won't say I'm sorry to hear of your connection, because it sounds as if you were blessed in knowing Paul, even if his life was cut short.

My son is a senior at Central and had Paul's dad as his freshman year math teacher. My son is 17 years old. Also, we live not very far from the intersection where the incident began. So, I've often thought of this tragedy.

Paul is resting in a better place. We pray for peace for his family and loved ones.