News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Yikes I don't even know what to say about this.

First this lady is scare with her thougts.

I would never attend this event that she is talking about. Lets get real.


Please read this editroil in today's Duluth news tribune.

Green Man stripper in poor taste
I attended the Green Man Festival this month ("Green all over," July 16), thoroughly enjoying the excellent music of Cloud Cult, along with a handful of other people. I was pleased to support an environmentally friendly event that I expected would promote respect for the planet and for each other.
I felt bad, though, about the poor attendance -- until one act came on: An adult-entertainment strip show. How inappropriate for a family event. Why would event organizers choose entertainment that disrespects and objectifies women to represent green values?
I'm deeply saddened that one of our most visible local events, which promotes respecting the Earth rather than exploiting her, also endorses behaviors that disrespect and exploit women -- all in the context of family entertainment.
How will we ever make the necessary changes to honor and heal Mother Earth if we can't learn to honor each other? I think the Green Man owes Mother Earth an apology. My enduring hope is that women and men can learn to live in mutually respectful relationships with each other, as we learn to live in a mutually respectful relationship with Mother Earth.
PENNEY GOOCH DULUTH

Let us know what you think of it.

No comments: