News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Friday, November 02, 2007

Predictions: School Baord 2nd district.

This race could be an interesting race. It pits long time candidate for political offices Harry Welty against Judy Seliga-Punyko.

I don't know much about Judy. I have meet her once when she ran for school board four years ago. Other then a very brief conversation with her I can say to much about her stands. I know she is for the red plan with out a vote. I will do a search and try to find a web page were I can get more info about her. Look for more info to come soon on her.

It appears as if Judy has been on boards and such for the school board to plan long range activities for the school district. She also has been a lobbyist for the school district on the state and Federal levels. Here is a link to the story:http://www.duluthbudgeteer.com/articles/index.cfm?id=20996&section=News . Once there you can also read Harry Welty's interview.

It seems to me that Judy is more concerned about the buildings then the students.

Harry Welty was a board member for 10 years. Well on the board he showed great understand for the issues that came up for a vote.

Those that have read this blog for a while will know Harry and I don't agree politically offend. I have however a new respect sense I interviewed him back when he ran for congress in '06.

Harry has a great grasp on many issues. His experience with the school board is second only to current board member Tim Grover. Harry is running this time mainly because he is against the red plan. He believes like many do we should be able to vote on the plan.

The paper has endorsed Judy for this race. What will DP do?

I don't believe this race will be that close. I am thinking along the lines of a 60-40 %.

My vote would be: Harry Welty

Prediction: Harry Welty

No comments: