News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Monday, November 12, 2007

Saved a life today?

I may have saved some ones life today. A male in his 20's came in to my place of work today. He asked to use a the phone. I dialed the number he wanted me to and he said this in a message.

hey it's ( the persons name) I respect what you said, but I am going to Chester bowl and we will see what happens from there. I care about you guys.

This male that entered the store was out of it. He was walking very strange and he could hardly stand. His eyes we have shut.

I called 911 right away after he left the store and said I think a guy is going to commit suicide. I then went on to tell the dispatcher what had happened. He said they would get a cop out to look and if needed they would get back in contact with me.

When I left work today I had not heard anything. I hope they were able to find the gentleman and give him the help he needs at this point. I lost a friend a number of years ago well in boy scouts to suicide and it is not a good thing. I have also had friends that have wanted to kill them self's in points of there lives. It is something I don't fully understand. I sure do understand about being down but not so badly you think you should not be on this earth.

From the time I lost my friend in scouts I have said I am going to do everything I can to watch out for my friends and people in general. Many times the signs are very hard to spot. This time it was easy to see this guy was at least thinking about committing suicide.

I hope what I did today was a good thing and I hope it works out for this person.

If I hear anything I will pass it along. I have some more thoughts that will come in a different post.

No comments: