News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Friday, April 04, 2008

Bonding Bill

I sent an email to Governor Tim Pawlenty yesterday. I asked him to veto the entire bill. Some thing he should use the line item veto. I could see that but I don't believe that will send as strong of a message to the DFL.

I am as big of a supporter as anyone to get the DECC expansion. I however am not willing to compromise values to get it. Please understand that even if the Governor did veto the entire bill we could still get the DECC expansion this year. It would be a longer process but still very possible.

The DFL tents to think that they can just disregard any warning by the Governor. He has urged them to keep it with in a specific amount yet again those chose to not do so. The bonding bill affects every Minnesota. Yes well projects maybe put at jeopardy by a veto we must understand that it needs to be done. We need responsible spending and the DFL in this case is not willing to a bit by this. In a time were Minnesota and the Country are heading toward a possible recession it is time we demand our government protect us.

I believe that a complete veto sends a much stronger message then line item veto does. I also believe it gives him the power he needs to hold there feet to the fire. Trust me when I say I believe this a lot of Minnesotans feel. Governor Pawlenty protected us last bonding season and I hope he will do it again. Now is the time to control our money.

This is what my email focused on. It went more in depth. As of now I only got the thank you for contacting our office message. Will keep you updated if I get anything back.

No comments: