News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Talk of the Town show.

Tracy had News Tribune reporter Brandon Stahl on last show.  It was an interesting segment with him. Now there were a number of things I wanted to talk about from the show. I don’t remember most of them now, for two reason’s.  One I did not take notes and I don’t remember what I did yesterday LOL . Second being the added stress of my son being in the hospital the last couple day’s I don’t remember a few things I wanted to discuss about the show. 

Anyway on to what I do remember.  They were talking about the new lay out. Tracy had asked people what they thought about it on his face book page. Many of the comments were they did not like the new lay mine included.  I said I did not like it as it looked a lot like the USA today paper and that lay our is just a train wreck.  People added if they bought the paper or not.  Most of the comments to that was also a no.  That stands for me as well.  I said that with the lay out and it being razor thin I don’t buy the hard copy. 

I do read the paper every day . How do I do this?  I read it online.  After all it is just one of my many online stops in the day to get news.  I do need to be perfectly honest I never did really buy a hard copy of the DNT even in the old lay out.  Well there were times and still are that I do by a hard copy of the DNT.  I do this because there a story or more that I want to save. 

Now lets be honest again the DNT is not losing reader ship or gaining readership because of a lay out.  Well some may drop or add because of a lay change they cancel each other out.  They are losing as many if not all newspapers around the country are because of many different issues. Number one being the internet.  A lot of people and advertisers are going to the net instead of papers to get the news or advertise there business.

More later.

No comments: