News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Elections thoughts.

Okay so it has again been a busy week, that is why the lack of post. Please note I can only do this when I get a chance to. My wife is going to New York and we have been getting her ready for that. Along with work and just everyday duties. Most weeks will have a good number of post.


Now on to my thoughts about the election. I knew that the republicans would lose the house, I did not think the would lose the senate as well. The top issues were the war in Iraq and illegal immigration. The Democrats won seats with out telling the voters a plan they just put fear in the voters as they always do.

The local elections was not a surprise either things around here don't change. The Democrats could say they are going to kill us all and we would still vote for them. This area is need change yet voters can't see it. As I said before the change needs to happen our we will start to see the signs again that say will last one out turn out the lights. This city is fast becoming a ghost town.


Becky Hall how ran the best campaign in the area still only got 36% or so of vote. Dennis Fink won by a slim margin the only good thing to happen in the election.

2 comments:

Dulusion said...

I don't totally agree that they won without a message or a plan. They campaigned on passing a minimum wage bill, reigning in the deficit, constructing a new strategy for the war in Iraq. They didn't talk about getting out of Iraq they talked about changing the course of things in Iraq, big distinction. They also talked about reigning in the bloated government we've seen in the past several years and cutting the pork. The want reform in our health care system. I'm optimistic that they feel a great obligation to DO something about people's basic needs. There are people in the US who have been hurt by this administration, namely Senior citizens. Medicare and medicaid are in trouble and health care is a mess. I'm not much in the mood to debate this week, the folks on the DCB have pulled some crappy stuff on me and I really can't understand the ethics there. I'm very happy to blog with you though, you've always been so very polite and fair, thanks again, you're a class act.

Unknown said...

KB,

Thanks for the kind words. I always try to be polite, and respectful.

I will make some comments on what you said and if you wish to reply please do.

Let me start with the war, well I can agree with you to a point there have been many on the democrat side that have said to pull out now or have set a date regarless of the condition of Iraq. Well many of those that ran and won did not take that reaction, party leaders or big wigs did.

John Kerry, Hillary Clinton (who flips depedning on were she is speaking), along with others have been less then stealer with trop action.

I agree we need a diffrent tactic in Iraq I however can't support the troops being pulled out any time soon. I sure would like if we could.

As far as a passing a minumum wage bill, well that would nothing new to what has been going on. We have seen steady increases in minumam of the past few years. What scares me is that it is not minumam wage they are conserned about it is a living wage.

I have a problem with "living wage". I would love it but it can't work. Here is why I feel that way.

First every City, State, County, is very diffrent and have seprete needs. Take for example Duluth lets say they set a living wage of $25.00 an hour. Most business could not affort to pay that to there employees based on the amount of business in this area, that goes for most of Northern Minnesota. There are many more reasons that I may post about later.


If there is one point I can only agree with you in proception is helath care. The democrats did a great job scaring the unhealty and the elderly into beliving that they would have trouble should the republicans regain power.

This country is fine in providing medical help. Does everyone have it no, should they? That is a personal believe. I don't think the U.S. Goverment should pay for everyone to have it.