News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Harry Welty interview part 1.

Both Grams and Oberstar are out spending you, how does this affect your approach on the race?

Oberstar will win Grams will get more votes than me. It is hard to compete with people spending 200.000-300,000 when I spent 3,000. I could have been more competive if I would have gotten going earlier.

What could you do to attract business to the district? Congress does play a huge role in getting business to the district. The State and city has more responsibility to do this then does a U.S. Congressman. It is the congressman responsibility to try to understand the world economy and getting and keeping jobs in the U.S.


Yesterday the unions asked Grams to drop out of the race, will this be an issue?

I think that the ads by grams are ridicules but it is more upsert that the unions asked for Grams to drop out. IT makes it look like Grams is more of a serious challenger. It seems as if the unions are running scared.

Some have said you will play the spoiler, what are your thoughts? I don't want to play the spoiler I don't like the republican party why would I play spoiler for them. It was my hope to get 38% of the vote and win. Now I hope that Oberstar wins but not with his 65%, it is my hope he gets just 51 or 52 % and that shows the democrats that Oberstar is not serving the district any more.


Why don't you think you have gotten the attension of the media? I don't blame the Star trib for not including me in there stroy's as I am not well knownen out side of Duluth. I am more disappointed with the Duluth News Tribune that they did not let me in on the debate as I am well known in Duluth.

No comments: