News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Harry Welty interview part 2.

In this the last part of the interview I asked Harry his thoughts on a couple of issues. Gun control, gay marriage, and abortion. Only one of the three are huge issues to me, I know however many people care to know a candidate things about the other two.



What is your position on Gun control?


I have been irritated for 20-30 years on gun control. Both sides have drawn a line in the sand and will not differ from that. The two sides don't deal with reason. Yes we have a 2nd amendment and I believe in it. Disappointed in gun show regulations.

What is your stands on gay marriage?

I believe they should have all rights as married couples do. Property rights and other included. Would be for civil union. Believes that one day gay marriage or civil union will be legal in all 50 states. Welty also believes that you can not force a church to marry gay couples, the church has a right to it's believe.

sense gay marriage is now an issue, who do you believe should have the say in laws?


I believe in states rights. It is huge to have these states rights as the president has been taking them away. The states should be able to craft the laws for its citizens.


What is your position on abortion?

I am pro-choice with the understanding and respect of pro-life movement. I would not have been able to be a republican with out at least understanding the pro-life issues. Welty believes there are circumstance that abortions should be allowed. I don't like the idea of abortion in the 2nd or 3rd trimester.

One other point that Welty brought up was he thinks it is odd how the republicans stand for life yet when a child is born they don't stand for opportunity for that child to succeed.

Will you for this office in two years?

Maybe? I have thought about it. I thought this year was a golden chance for me as I would have given the moderate voters a choice. In two years it will be tuff as all the new (from this election) congressman will have been there for two years.

Harry thank you for the chance to speak with you. I enjoyed it. I hope you thought the interview was fair. If I missed anything or mis represented anything please let me know.

No comments: