News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Monday, March 24, 2008

I sure am glad today is leatherhead day and other notes.

Boy am I glad that today is leatherhead day in Duluth. As many of you know two big name movie stars were in Duluth today to kick off there movie. The movie will open April 4th. Leatherheads is based loosely on the Duluth Eskimos (bulldogs) in the movie from the 1920's.



Their press conferences started at 11 a.m. today. I must have been about the only one that did not care. I am not a movie watcher. I could not tell you a single movie George Clooney or Renee Zellweger have been in.



Here is the part about it being leatherhead day in Duluth. It comes from the Duluth News Tribune. This from Duluth Mayor Don Ness to kick off the Press Conference.



Duluth Mayor Don Ness launched the 11 a.m. press conference by proclaiming March 24 as “Leatherheads’ Day” and saying he didn’t consider himself “the slickest operator in Duluth,” a line that Zellweger’s character slams Clooney with in the film.



This would have been a bigger thing if there were staying in Duluth for longer then two or three hours. The fact is they did not, it was a kick off party to announce the movie. The way the media of all types have worked this up is incredible odd to me. The fact is this had no impact on Duluth.



Now on to a few other notes. I was going to blog about Sara Jane Olson. Not sure I will other then to say she is were she belongs once again. I may or may not come back to this issue.



I will be at the Duluth City Council meeting tonight. If there is anything interesting I will pass it along.



I hope you all hade a great Easter. We spend the weekend down in St.Cloud.

No comments: