News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

My thoughts on the rally against Governor Pawlenty’s cuts.

So I have reported about the rally. Well I may still have more about it I want to offer my thoughts about the whole conference.

Well I don’t agree with everything at the rally there were a few things I did agree with. Governor Pawlenty has been cutting health care for a number of years and he chose to do it again. Now I am not one that believes everyone should have health care. I am however one that believes everyone should have a chance at health care.

There will now be a burden put on Minnesota Care. They only have so much and can only have so many people on the program at one time.

I agree with the comment that Roger Reinert made about the Governor setting a bad example to just send the legislators home and do things my way. Not only you check out on Minnesota. Lets face it the Governor is now setting up for a run as president or Vice president. Well I am okay with him doing this it is not okay to just ignore the State.

Well I am okay with the Governor balancing the budget on his own done the right way this time he it was not done the right. It did in fact seem the Governor wanted nothing to do with anyone that did not agree with him. 

Some one at the rally talked about the renters rebate. It will be cut by a minimum of 19%. She said many people used this check for a number of things. Renters also pay part of the property tax for the person they are renting from.

As some one that has rented before yes the check was nice. I however am okay with it being cut down a bit. I think most people  that rent are okay with smaller check. Now are there those that will struggle sure there are. There are also those that own homes that struggle. Yet they find ways to make it. People can’t depend on one check that they receive once a year.

This was a very pro DFL rally and to claim different would be wrong. Now to the best of my knowledge no one was claiming it was not a pro DFL rally however Steve O’Neil said he did not want to be so partisan.  That simply was not true he meant to be.

All in all it was put together well. It was run good and they were willing to answer questions if anyone had. The group did a nice job.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was not a rally. This was a few people standing around on some steps bitching about the potential of hand-outs being taken away.

Unknown said...

I don't agree with that. Well I have an issue that the group did not say what they would have seen instead. The did in fact focus on what is next however for there side.

First these are not portential cuts they are real cuts. Hands outs as you say, maybe some of them. Not all of them.

I agree with a few things this group talked about. I also disagree with a few things they talked about.

For the most part I am glad that the Governor was able to balance the budget. I don't agree with the way he did some things. Those I think I outlined in the post.