News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Gary Glass drops out of race.

There were a couple of things I wanted to write yesterday but never got a chance to. I will cover at least one of them today if not all of them.

The first one is about current school board member Gary Glass. As many of you know he is running for the 2nd district seat of the school board. Who is that possible when he is already on the board? The school district has no rule against running for another seat well you are currently sitting on the board.

Yesterday however he for the most part his bid for the 2nd district seat. He said he would have dropped out if he could, ballots however are already made out. Some votes have already been taken because of absentee voting has already taken place.

Glass said yesterday that he was going to be part of the 1st district race because he was concerned that the school board was going to kick him off the board. The concern came over lawsuit  issues that have been settled at this point.

Glass made his announcement just one week prior to the primary vote. Instead of dropping out of the race he endorsed 2nd district candidate Marcia Stromgren .

This move came way to late. I am not sure he should even put his name in the race. He did but waiting so long I think I a bad idea. As I said there have already been votes made. I am sure he got many of those that were against the red plan. This already taken votes away from Stromgren. It also makes those votes pretty much worthless.

It also sets up in my mind an easy attack against  Glass and Stromgren as it looked like this was the plan all along.

Now I have no idea what would have happened should Glass have won the 2nd district seat. I don’t think  he could hold both seats. I am guessing he would have had to resign one of them. Then my guess is they board would have appointed some one and you know they would not appoint any one that was  against the red plan as Glass is the only sitting member on the board against the plan.

No comments: