News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Monday, September 14, 2009

Primary election day.

It is primary day tomorrow here in Duluth. Every one get out and vote. It matters who makes it to the the general election. That is held in November. So get out and vote. Polls open all day.

 

At large race. One person over at www.duluthcitizens.blogspot .com things that the top two spots will go to the union and DFL endorsed candidates. I don’t think they will get both top spots. However they could it they are the only people that go and vote. This is not a presidential year so the voter turn out will not be as high. Again go vote.

Here is how I see the vote going as of now.

Dan Hartman

Becky Hall

Jim Stauber

Beth Olson

Mike Akervik

If Hartman does not get the top spot tomorrow it will be a blow to him. I think he gets a spot on the council either way. It is a blow to him however because he has worked harder then anyone else has.

If Olson does get that second spot tomorrow Hall and Stauber will have a lot of work to do before November. The only out working that I have seen is Hartman the other three seem to be waiting around.  I think that is a poor choice.

 

School board I have not followed that well I think that in the general it will be Casper and Nilsen there for being a wash as one is against the red plan and one is for it.

2 comments:

Tony Ramone said...

John:
I can't wait to see the results tomorrow.

If Hall isn't one of the top two tomorrow, she won't win a seat in November.

I will be looking at the vote differential between Hartman and Olson and between Hall and Stauber.

I will be curios to see how close Hickock is to Gauthier and will Gauthier get over 50%.

John, I disagree with the no matter who you are voting for it is important to vote. I think it is okay for Republicans to stay home tomorrow. Just kidding.

Unknown said...

The fourth district race could be a very interesting race. I am not sure who will get the top two spots.

I think that Gauthier will get one spot but I also would not be shocked if he did not. Both Grant and Hickock are running great campaign's. Well it seems that Gauthier is sitting on his name and the endorsements.

I disagree that is Hall does not get one of the top two spots the would not win in Novermeber. It does however make it much harder for her to win. It seems to me the only one out working has been Dan. Everyone else is again sitting around. I don't like that. You need to work even if you know you will make it past the primary.

It should be interesting tonight. You can get my thoughts here. Check back toinght.