News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Bachmann/ Palin rally.

As you know I organized a bus trip down to the rally on Wednesday. The rally took place at the Minneapolis Convention Center. I went for one reason, you will find out why later in this post.

The rally started with an interesting choice of music, the Go Fish band. They are a group out of Minneapolis and play Christian music geared toward a younger crowd. Then speakers started but the big ones started about half way into the program. Governor Tim Pawlenty was the first major speaker of the day. While his speech was only about five minutes long, he was the hit of the show, using comedy and wit to fire up the crowd.

Then came the major act of Michele Bachmann, whose message was much the same as it was when she stopped in Duluth. She delivered it again with great poise.

The person I went to see was Sarah Palin, because I wanted to make up my mind on what I thought of her. I went to the event with no prejudgment, because I wanted to be 100% fair to her in my decision making.

I was less than impressed with her, she was not a good speaker and there was no real point to her speech. She attempted to be funny but was not. She proved to me that she is not electable as president and the party must find a different way to go. I think a good way to go would be the person who was the best at the rally, Governor Tim Pawlenty!

No comments: