News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Thursday, April 29, 2010

A great lunch with Councilor Fedora

The Free Democracy Summit held another great lunch with a councilor. This time it was held at blackwoods, and was with 1st district councilor Todd Fedora.

Before I get into the main part of the post, I need to say people really need to put politics a side and listen to both sides. This summit is great, well I don't agree with a lot of it, I still listen to every one's point of view and yes I am even learning from it. I have received comments ( that I have not published) and emails saying why go when it is largely leans to the left. I say what does it matter? Like I said I have learned and received some great information. You may not change your mind and that is fine but at least take the time to listen. People that are so shallow to not attend something because they don't agree politically are missing out on a great summit.


The lunch with councilor Fedora was good, there was about 7 people who came to talk about issues that matter to them. Much of the talk was about the 300 foot rule and NorShor. Issues brought up also included crime, how the council got a long, and more.

Todd was a great guest for the summit, he represented his side and his points very well.

Tomorrow ends the lunch with a councilor series for the summit. Pizza Luce is the spot to be noon to 1pm most of the councilors will be there.

2 comments:

CK said...

I went to 2 of the lunches, lunch with Gardner and lunch with Fedora. I didn't go to Luce after all, but after hearing about it, I wish I had. I wish more people had taken advantage of this opportunity to actually talk to their city councilors -- as well as listen to them explain their positions. This is what it's about, this is what democracy means. I hope this group does this again next year, and that more people from all sides come to participate in a *civil* discussion over lunch.

Unknown said...

CK:

Thanks for coming to the lunches, I agree I wish more people would have came out to them.

The lunch Friday was great and had a lot of people.

The group already plans on doing it next year, they do plan to move it up two weeks.

What party you belong to has nothing to do with summit. I wish people could some times put party lines a side.