News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Thursday, April 01, 2010

Still no word.

During his town hall meeting yesterday, Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty stayed clear of answering questions that asked if he would run for president. Instead, he used the town hall meeting to talk about a few issues and his political action committee that will endorse and fund conservative candidates.

The big issue was health care, but Pawlenty also took questions online and they ranged in topics from health care, taxes, and much more. He also encouraged people to nominate candidates that they would like to see endorsed by his PAC.

Last night Pawlenty talked like someone who is running for president, but he has still not announced that he is running. I wonder why the wait, I think it only hurts him to wait. I wonder if he is waiting until the end of year, when his term as governor will be up. As you know, he said he would not seek another term, leaving open the chance to run for president. Many people on the online chat feature were also offering running mates for Governor Pawlenty. There were two I found interesting.

One was an all Minnesota ticket, Pawlenty/Bachmann. I don't see that happening, but it would be kind of cool to have an all Minnesota ticket. It however would not do well on a national level. It seems like one person needs to come from the South for a ticket to work. That brings up the second one I found interesting, Pawlenty/Huckabee, possible but I am not sure Mike Huckabee has an interest in VP. Both of those would be pretty conservative tickets.

4 comments:

Danny G said...

I'm pretty sure presidential running mates can't be from the same state.

Tony Ramone said...

John, this is an interesting post. I know you like the governor, but I didn't think his presidential run (he is running) is going to get much traction. I think he is a no hoper. Willard Mitt Romney should be the heavy favorite to win the nomination, but I can see how someone like Paul Ryan could make a credible run.

Pawlenty's sudden turn to the right-wing is unbecoming and somewhat pathetic. It is sad that the old Tim Pawlenty thought he could not be himself and run for president, so he has decided to pander to the crazy base of the Republican Party.

Unknown said...

Tony: I do like Governor Pawlenty, I think he would make a fine president. I think he could be a force to recken with, one thing working against hime right now as I said is no word on if he will run. Yet we all think we know he will.

The party after all has been after him for a few years now to run. His name is not known all around yet but then neither was Palin till she was McCains running mate.

Pawlenty yes has moved a bit farther right then he has shown in the past, that said he has not moved as far as some people have made it out to be. After all, all candidates do pander to the party. It is sad that it is about the party and not the country, that goes for both sides.

It is why I hate the two party system and when I vote I vote for who I feel is best to fit the seat they are running for.

Unknown said...

Danny out of this whole post this is what you choice to comment on really?????

Yes running mates can come from the same state. That is not at all what I said. What I said it the ticket would not get far, because it seems like one of the two candidates need to be from the south.

This seems even more true on the republcan side, it seems as if the part wants some one that will atract the bible belt crowd.