News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Monday, January 16, 2006

Martin Luther King Jr day.

Today is Martin Luther King Jr. Day. My thoughts on this day are well it is a fake "holiday", should we celebrate this day sure we should. Should it be a day off for those that work in government or other jobs like that no.

Anyway we continue with thoughts I believe in his time Marin Luther King Jr. Made great strides to make the black community and any minority group equal. I believe most of what he did was great and would have loved to see this develop back then. The strides made back then were special and need to honored.

Now lets move forward to today's world. I believe there are still huge strides we need to make in racism and even some equal rights, however today's minority groups are not looking to be equal they are looking to have more rights then everyone else.


I hope what everyone supports today is what Martin Luther King Jr, accomplished and not what today has turned into.

3 comments:

Tony Ramone said...

John:

I guess I don’t understand your post. “They are looking to have more rights than everyone else” What does that mean? Can you give an example?

If government workers were required to work on MLK day it wouldn’t be a federal holiday. If all this holiday does is make us revisit the “I have a dream” speech at least once every year then it is truly worthwhile.

Tony

Unknown said...

Subdude- I do not disagree with at all about the last part of your statment. However I guess my point is with the goverment is why are they the only ones that get if off. It is just another fake holiday because most people work it this includes the black community.


As far as more rights in stead of ewual rights I believe many of these groups now are looking for more rights and not equal rights. They want more then what everyone else has. They don't just want something they already have they want more then they are intitled too.

Tony Ramone said...

Can you back up your claim that “they” want more than they are entitled to? I know you believe this claim to be true, but can you back it up with evidence?