News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Lew Latto to stay at Mid-West.

A source tells me that Lew will stay put at Mid-West Communications. The source told me Lew may or may not be on WDSM. The source would not say what station he would be on.

I asked the source it this was all a game played by Lew and the radio station. Again they would not say one way or the other. They hinted that Lew was never going to go to AM 1490 however. The source said that Lew did not want to go there because of how weak the station is.

UPDATE: Lew is playing this like he is leaving the stations all together. I don’t know who to believe. The source I have is a radio station employee. The source may be a not Mid-West employee.

UPDATE #2: Lew Latto will only do one show on Friday no matter were he ends up. The counter on his blog is when an announcement will appear.

Reminder I never use the name of my sources unless they say I can.

9 comments:

Tony Ramone said...

If Latto wasn't staying he would not be on the air. It looks like Latto lied to a DNT reporter in order to work out a deal with MidWest.

Latto is not a great fit on the "Patriot." He's a hedonist. He is only a republican because he doesn't want to pay his fair share of taxes.

Latto's show sucks, but not as bad as Bennett's. He needs a sidekick, but not a moronic sidekick like Bennett's. A long time ago Latto used to let his producers talk. His show didn't suck as much back then.

John, I think you are right. The whole thing has been basically a publicity stunt.

Unknown said...

Subdude:

"If Latto wasn't staying he would not be on the air."

This is true. In the many years I have been in radio I have never seen anyone stay at a station if they are moving to a new one.

They would be done the day they said they were moving to a new station. That would be even more true with a talk show host.

I should not say I have never seen it but it is rare. If you have a job with a competeing station, the station you are currently at normally does not want to keep you.

Danny said...

"This is true. In the many years I have been in radio I have never seen anyone stay at a station if they are moving to a new one."

Howard Stern?

Unknown said...

Danny:

Did Stern say that at some point.

My point is that if one person moves to a new stataion. Then the station current station they work for is not going to keep them around.

Danny said...

Stern was on K Rock for something like a year after he announced he was going to be moving to Sirius.

Unknown said...

I guess I have not seen it in local radio. Once you say you are going to another station that competes against the station you currently work for they don't keep you a round.

Danny said...

Fair enough. Local radio is goofy around here though. For such a small town there sure are alot of secrets.

Danny said...

Alright...I've got another crazy theory. I can't do show tomorrow, so I might as well bring it up here, John.

There have been rumors for a while that MWC is going to turn 102.5 into an FM talk station (something like KTLK in the Twin Cities). Well, what better way to launch this then have Lew announce on Friday that he will be doing his show on this new FM station?

Unknown said...

Danny funny you should say that. I was going to post that tomorrow. As I too have heard that.

I would be a bit shocked only because it has not worked that well in the cities. Yet on the othere hand it is completely different market up here.

Moving him around to another station makes little sense unless this is true. The only other station he would fit on would be KDAL.

As of now he does not fit on WGEE, KTCO, or any other station they own.