News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

More Lew Latto talk.

It seems to me according to all my sources that Lew Latto is making his own chose to leave. The radio station wanted to make changes to the show.

Lew Latto did not like the changes there for he was going to retire or find some thing else. It is clear to me at this point that change is good.  Now I did just listen to the DDD show and I agree with him in part. www.dannydoesduluth.com is were you can find it.

Danny says that it seems the show is being taken off the air for a syndicated show. I wish if they take Lew off that he would be replaced by a new local talk show host. I know of some one who could fill that spot if the station was interested. In fact I know of more then one that could.

Now I will say this again, the Lew Latto show was  a lot like a syndicated show in that he did not talk about local issue nearly enough.

That is some thing that has lacked in local talk radio for a long time.  In fact sense Duke Skorich radio show days there has not been a talk show that had talked about local issue most of the time. I did not agree with Duke however I enjoyed the show because most of the time it was local.

I would encourage WDSM to look to fill the spot with a local host. Not more uninteresting national talk.  I believe the air waves are filled with enough of that. It is very important to have local talk programs.

No comments: