News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Hey Minnesota Power. What is that in your court yard?

Minnesota Power has a tree every winter in it's court yard out side of it's building in Down Town Duluth. Up till about three years ago the tree was known as a Christmas tree for the Christmas season. For the last two years it has been a holiday tree. 

Well this year they are called it a holiday tree at the open ceremony Wednesday night. This year however they have said the tree has no real name and people are free to call it what they wish. I am sorry Minnesota Power but it is a Christmas tree, it is not a holiday tree or anything else. 

Substituting the word holiday for Christmas pisses me off. I think the world of political correctness has gone way to far. The word holiday means what as far as the tree goes? By the word holiday instead of Christmas to me means I could leave a tree up in my house almost all year long. 

The tree's that go up in peoples houses and around downtown's in this country have for long been a Christmas tree and they will always be that way to me. The trees for the most part go up any where between the month of November and December 25th which is Christmas day. 

The attack on the Christmas tree and the word Christmas needs to stop. It is a fight I have taken on here for the past few years. 

MERRY CHRISTMAS  EVERYONE

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry dude, it's the Pagan Tree. Tie it to Jesus if you want, but all it's roots are in Paganism, so if the Christians stole it from Paganism, why can't secular people for whatever the fuck they want to?

Forcing someone to call it a Christmas tree if they don't tie it to Christmas is way more ridiculous that having a Christmas Tree and denying it is a Christmas Tree.

yellowdoggranny said...

this was discussed over at facebook today..we all decided it was a ruse by christians just to fuck with us..

Unknown said...

People can claim what they want it to be. You can use any wack job internet site you wish. For everyone that you find I can find one that counters. It is the internet after all. take it for what it is worth.

I will call it a Christmas tree. I don't care what you call it.

Tony Ramone said...

What is with this language?

I think it is well known that the early christians borrowed the tree ritual from the pagans, but the trees are now almost universally referred to as "christmas trees."

One thing that is great about this country is that we are free to call these trees whatever we want to. John can call his tree a "Christmas tree." I can call my tree a "solstice tree" and MN Power can call theirs a "holiday tree."

John, this will be a hot topic (again), but I don't think it is a big deal and it is certainly no reason to get "pissed off."

Happy Christmas!