News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Thursday, November 05, 2009

Why Dan Hartman got the top spot Tuesday.

It was not much of a shock to me that Hartman got the top spot on Tuesday. Well a lot of people thought Beth Olson would get it, I did not. Olson finished first in the primaries.

I knew the people voting in the primaries where for the most part big time supporters of a candidate and or special interest groups. These are the people that always go out and vote in a primary. Well most of the general public stays home. Something I have never understood. People always say I wish I had a chose. The fact is you do. A lot of good candidates get knocked out in the primary because people don't go vote.

Anyway Hartman got a lot of support from moderate republicans in the general election. I hope he see this and stays in the middle of the road on his decisions. I hope he does not become a puppet for one side or the other.

I know he is a democrat but as I have said many times he is a more center candidates then was Olson or Hall. I believe Dan will look at both sides of the issue before making his decision.

3 comments:

Danny said...

Agree with you on this one. Hartman is pretty easy to stomach. He doesn't come across as one of your typical local Progressive automatons.


Side note: Last night on the news, Boyle actually pronounced the word especially as "expecially". Wish I had it recorded still. I could probably build an entire show around this.

yellowdoggranny said...

i think we need more middle of the roaders instead of all of us lefties or righties..

Anonymous said...

I think Hartman wil be a good councilor. Time will tell.

I also hope he stay's in the middle of road. John you are right a lot of people voted for him that would normally vote others.

Dan you got a lot of support from middle of the road voters I hope you stay that way. Don't be a puppet for a special interest group.