News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Friday, February 19, 2010

Change of heart.

Note: thank you to the person that was nice enough to edit this for me, in a freindly way. If you posted a comment on the old blog post please feel free to repost it.


You may remember a woman attacked another woman outside the Building For Women. There were a couple of women standing outside the building protesting against abortion. One woman came out of the building with a knife and held it to the throat of one of the protesters.

Mechelle Hall 26, the woman that had the knife, has now had a change of heart. She will keep the baby. Hall went to the building to discuss and set up an abortion, saying she felt stressed. She said in court that she realized it would be a mistake to kill the life she was carrying.

Hall received probation instead of jail time in a plea agreement.

I don't want to debate abortion, yet I don't want to stop people from talking about issues either. I have my own thoughts on abortion, but I also don't think it should be a political issue. You are free to talk about abortion but I ask that you be respectful.

3 comments:

Kelly Boed said...

Hi John,

I agree that abortion should not be a political issue. It should be personal. I do get a little upset at the protesters outside the building for Women. They assume that anyone entering is going in for an abortion. There are other services available in that building. My mother went there for a free mammogram, she was hassled by protesters. Considering she was 70 years old, that's a bit ridiculous! I think they should spend their time helping the living. With one in five children living in poverty in our country, I think we should put our efforts towards making life better for kids living in these stressful situations.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Kelly I understand that there a many things offered at the building.

I to wish the protesters would be a little more mindful of this but I have no problem with them being there. That said if they are confentainal then there is an issue. If they are just holding signs and taking with people respectfuly then there is no issue.