News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Monday, February 15, 2010

Duluth Sports and Travel show.

The 44th annul Duluth sport and travel show kicks off on Wednesday at the Duluth Entertainment and convention center. The show features the best in outdoor products from fishing to hunting, boats to campers. They have it all.

This is a chance for many local business to show off there stuff in a high profile event. There are many fishing both that offer all the items needed to head out on opening day of fishing. They have great deals on them.

You want a boat, a truck to hail it and a camper to stay the weekend some where you can get it there. The event also has a number of other booth from mops, knives to outdoors papers you can buy. It also has your travel hot spots in the U.S. and Canada.

The sports show also feature many many other things including seminars free entertainment and a fishing for parents and kids a like. I still love to do the trout pond.

My only compliant about this years show is the entertainment. It is the same as last year. This is the first year I can remember that happening. The Stihl chain saw team is on the main stage. They do a competition. In the lounge they have Mr. Sound effects who was there last year as well. I wish they would bring music acts back to the main stage, I don't care about the main stage act this year nor did I watch them last year. Music acts have been good and I wish they would bring them back.

The other thing for entertainment the biggest thing they had last did is not coming back this year. The water skiing squirrel. You bring back to boring ones but leave out the biggest draw you have had in years.

At any rate I am going on Wednesday. The show runs till Sunday.

4 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

should have been in dallas for the nba shoot out at dallas stadium...

Danny G said...

I'm pretty psyched for the boat show again. A couple of years ago I took one of my kids just for something to do on a Saturday and we had such a blast that it's been tradition for the two of us to spend a day there once a year. It's nice that a kid who has been spoiled by going to DisneyWorld multiple times can still have a really good time at the boat show with dad.

The waterskiing squirrel not returning this year is no biggie to me personally. Saw it two years in a row, don't need to see it again. Plus, having the squirrel's "mom" on DDD last year and that was enough for me.

I have heard a radio ad and they mentioned "performing bears" this year, but I can't find any details about what that will be exactly. Any idea?

Unknown said...

Yes the boat is always a lot of fun. The suairrle is not a big. My point only being that it is the biggest draw they have had in years and they don't bring it back. Yet they bring back two lame acts.

Now most don't go for the entertainment nor do I. Although I have been to the boat show years and little has chnaged as far as exhibits. Entertainment helps to keep me going. Again I do for the show and not the entertainment but good entertaiment is a plus.

Well the sound affects guy is good I don't care to see him again. I know there will be a bear exhibit, I do not know if they are performing bears or not. There is an ad in the paper I will have to look and see.

Anonymous said...

Went to show on Friday night. The crowd was much smaller then normal.

Four of the booth did not have any one at them and they have four or five empty spots.

Seems like it maybe on a down turn. Not nearly as much fun this year as years past.