News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Doing hand stands.

The DECC project is dead DEAD and dead again.

I am more then likely one of the few doing hand stands today!!! I was very proud of my no vote on the DECC expansion when Duluth held it's referendum. I did not like the way we were to fund the project. It appears as if the DFL senate agrees with me. The did not pass a bill that would have allowed this.

Here is just part of the article in the Duluth news tribune. You can read the whole article at http://duluthnews.com.

"A bill authorizing the city of Duluth to add 0.75 percentage points to its bar and restaurant sales tax was defeated 35-32 Wednesday in the Minnesota Senate.
Part of a bigger omnibus tax bill, the sales tax provision is needed to pay the city's share of a proposed $67 million Duluth Entertainment Convention Center expansion.
Duluth voters endorsed the tax increase by a nearly3-1 margin during a nonbinding citywide referendum in February."


I did not support the DECC project, I think if is very important to notice how our local officials that said they were for this are turning there backs on Duluth. If you want to elect the same people into office that go against the mority vote on most issues then keep voting DFL, and if you want Duluth to continue to decline in population keep voting DFL.

If you want a change you need to elect different people into office.

Again I am more then happy it appears that this project is done for, I however am not happy with the back stabbing of our local elected officials.

If the DECC really wants the expansion I have an idea for them. Go get a corporate sponsor that will pay for it all. Maybe you could get the Duluth news tribune to do it and you could call it fish wrap arena. In all seriousness get a corporate sponsor.

No comments: