News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Duluth business climet.

I was at a business meeting yesterday afternoon with some people that call hope I can now call friends. Anyway after the meeting and before as well we discussed many issues and topics. Topics included personal and of course politics.

When we were talking about politics I was explaining what I thought jobs Duluth should have and we could focus on. Keep in mind that the people that I was meeting with are from the cities.

They of course understand some of our politics up here but can't fully because they are not here day in and day out. Just like I understand issues they face down there but can't fully understand as I am not there all the time.

Again back to the topic at hand. As we were talking I said that Duluth needs jobs and we need to focus on these areas. Health Care and Airline. It appears like we will lose the airbus station here. However Duluth could and should still be an area for airline work. We need to focus on the health care industry as well. A third on that I thought of after we were done yesterday was computer and high tech jobs.

Why don't we do this? Well there are many reasons. One of the biggest is we continue to elect the same people that choice to do nothing for this City. You hear all the time from our elected officials Duluth has the people that know how to do this work and we need to focus on these jobs yet nothing is done about it year after year.

Businesses want to come here but don't because of the issues that the city put on the them before they can even get here. Then there are the issues they must jump over when they are in. We are not a business friendly city.

No comments: