News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Monday, January 05, 2009

Crowd.

There was a very low turn out at the State of the City speech tonight. I was bit surprised and that was shared by many people. While others were not.

I expected a smaller crowd then four years ago. When he delivered his first State of the City speech. This was the smallest crowd I have in the ten speeches I have been to. As I talked with people they thought it may have been a number of reason's. Some thought it may be an indication on how some feel the Mayor has done. When pressed about the issue they claimed that many union members may have stayed home. Many thought the weather yet it was not that cold nor was it snowing.

The crowd was also less respective it seemed to me. Well the Mayor no matter who it is will normally get 4-6 applause during the speech this one did not. He only received one during the speech. The Mayor also almost always receives a standing overseen when introduced he did not this time.

The whole evening was just a bit off it seemed and I am not sure why. I will have more on the speech tomorrow.

No comments: