News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Monday, January 19, 2009

MLK Day Duluth.

The crowd was huge this year for the march and program at the DECC. It was great to see. This year was the first year in a number of years I have been able to attend because of work.

In part I am sure the crowd was bigger from years past because of the last election. I know the crowd was bigger this year as it made mention of many times in program. Now they did try to tie the election of Obama into the day and well I fail to see a connection that is neither here or there for this post.

The march was great. The weather was very nice for a change. The crowd was very up beat. As they marched to the DECC from the washington center they sung songs. I have to say my daughter had a great time as this was her first march. She is three and enjoyed the singing.

As we entered the DECC they had cookies and punch and coffee which was nice after the walk. They also had cookies and drinks before hand at the washington center. Back to the DECC and the program. The auditorium was full. It was a concert like crowd.

The speakers included the school superintend, Mayor Don Ness and the key note speaker and I forgot his name but the speech was very good. There were also a number of music acts.

More thoughts on MLK day coming.

No comments: