News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Saturday, January 10, 2009

My zoo story. Telling story's.

Well I have many memory's from the Duluth Zoo there is always one that stuck out to me. Well I was little and impressionable is more then likely the reason.

My first trip the zoo scared the living hell out of me. why? We headed down stairs to begin our journey. The first thing you saw were the big lions many times roaring. being little it scared me these animals are huge to a 5 or 6 year old. Even at that age what still surprised me. You could get right up to the cage of the lions. It was amazing to see the king of the jungle up so close.

Every time I went to the zoo after my first visit I could not wait to go see the lions. The were my favored thing to see. At the time there had four or five lions. Seeing the lions was the very beginning of a great experience at the zoo. Every time I have been there it is a great experience. Well the zoo has change from my first visit I still enjoy it today.

Tell your zoo story here. I am very interested in what makes the zoo special to you or maybe what you don't like about it. I can't imagine some one not liking the zoo however.

Much more coming on the zoo this weekend. I am hoping to have more up later tonight as a matter of fact.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is from Brandon Stahl's blog. http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/pages/buzz. I thought it was a good one to include here as well.

That's one heck of a zoo endorsement

Letter sent to the city council today:



CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail is considered public information according to the Minnesota Data Practices Act. E-mail sent to individual councilors may be made public information by either the sender or the recipient.

Dear Councilors,

I was telling my mom last night (she lives in the Chicago suburbs) about the Lake Superior Zoo situation and her immediate response was, “They can’t get rid of that Zoo! It’s the most beautiful zoo in the country!” She has visited the Zoo several times and coming from Chicago, which has the Brookfield Zoo and the Lincoln Park Zoo, which are fantastic zoos, that is saying a lot.

I also enjoy the Zoo very much and I work for a group of radio stations that have been and continue to be involved in the Zoo’s fundraising events, like Boo at the Zoo, the now defunct Spring Carnival, and the free event, Zoo Year’s Eve. We also sponsor the Kodiak Bear. We have done a summer Zoo ticket, membership and Zoo Train giveaway on one of our stations for the past two summers and awarded lucky listeners their chance to join our DJs on behind the scenes tours. We are always willing to help promote and support the Zoo in any way we can and would like to continue to do so.

I support the Zoo on a personal and professional level and it would be a disgrace to the City of Duluth to close the Zoo and lose this important asset to the community. Please vote to allow the Zoological Society to take over operations of the Lake Superior Zoo. You can’t undo the past. Please don’t let the Zoo become only a part of Duluth’s past. It deserves to be a part of Duluth’s future.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

-Karina Bite