News tips.

Email: duluthneedshelp@yahoo.com

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Nice book.

At Lake Superior Collage to I picked up a book sitting on a table. I thought it was interesting it was put out by visit Duluth, www.visitduluth.com .

My problem with the book and it's location is this. It is LSC and most of there students are in the Duluth area and know about all the things to see and do in Duluth. This book was very nice and it could not have been cheap.

As I went around the school I counted the number of these bookes left at the school. I counted 50 I wonder how many they did drop off in the first place. What is the cost of these tourist info books? Why drop them at LSC? Should we not be looking to advertize out side of the city and get people to come here?

I am now wondering what the population of students is that are not in the Duluth area. I would consider the Duluth area to in clude Hermantown, Superior, Proctor? As far a the school enrollement goes everything else can be out of the area. I may have to try to find out.

3 comments:

Will T. said...

In this current economic downturn perhaps the thought was that since many people are scaling back or totally canceling summer trips this year visitduluth is hoping to get more locals out to local events.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Will-

That is possible but it seems as if they do this every year.

As I said I think I will try to find out what the schools population is out side of this area. It would be interesting. I have not done that as of yet but I will.